When you are looking for a roofing contractor, the process can be overwhelming. Here we lay out some simple guidelines for selecting the best roofing company in Colorado Springs. What are the most important questions to ask? What will the process be like?
8 key questions to ask when looking for a roof replacement contractor – Colorado Springs CO:
- Are you licensed and insured? And we encourage you to ask for documentation.
- What qualifications do you have?
- Who will be doing the work?
- Are you a local company with long-term local employees?
- Do you guarantee your workmanship?
- What kind of warranty do you offer on materials?
- Can you provide local references?
- Will there be a written contract?
Other things to consider when evaluating a roofing company near me for repairs:
- Research their online reviews.
- Does someone local answer the phone during normal business hours?
- Do they have a local office you can visit if need be?
- Are you dealing with a roofing expert or a sales company that outsources the work to a 3rd party?
What is the process like for a roof replacement contractor – Colorado Springs CO?
- First, schedule an inspection with Vector Roofing.
- If this is an insurance claim, after the initial inspection is completed, we’ll work with your insurance adjuster to review the recommendations.
- Once the insurance company approves the claim, we send out the contract either with a sit-down appointment or via our electronic signature system (DocuSign) to the homeowner’s email address.
- Once the contract is signed, we settle the logistics, including pulling the permit, putting together the material order, and scheduling delivery with the homeowner.
- Next, we schedule the roofing installation date
- Note that the driveway must be clear for the delivery and installation dates
- Our roofers show up early to begin the tear-off of the existing roof. This may be roughly 6:30 AM on the morning of the roofing date.
- During tear-off, we ask that you keep your pets and children inside to prevent any injury from falling materials.
- Depending on which county the homeowner lives in, we either tear off and dry in the roof and wait for the mid roof inspector to come out (typically the next business day) then go back up the following day to complete the new roof. Or we tear off and dry in the roof on the same day when a mid roof inspection is not required.
- If we discover any structural issues or wood rot that were not apparent during the initial visual inspection, we will discuss any necessary changes to the project scope.
- After the roof is complete we send the original salesman out to confirm the homeowner’s satisfaction with the new roof.
- We sweep the property with a magnet to clean up any nails that flew off during the process.
- We bring an invoice to collect either the first payment or the contract in full (depending on each contract).
- We request the final inspection with the local building departments.
- We have no control over when they go out, but we will always make sure to follow up with the homeowner to confirm the roof passed or correct any items that may come up.
These tips are what you need to help select a trustworthy local roofing company in Colorado Springs. Vector Roofing is a respected roof replacement contractor in Colorado serving the southern Colorado region and the front range. Give us a call today to discuss your roof replacement needs, and we can help you through the process.