Things to Consider when looking to install or repair gutters – Colorado Springs CO
Whether your goal is to fix leaky gutters, replace hail damaged gutters, or install new gutters for an upgraded aesthetic, Vector Roofing, a local, family-owned roofing and gutter company in Colorado Springs, is your trusted contractor. Serving the front range and southern Colorado, Vector Roofing can take care of most gutter repair & installation needs.
If you’re thinking about installing new gutters, here are a few things to consider before you start.
- What is the purpose of your new gutter system? Is it to fix leaks? Upgrade your curb appeal? Divert water away from your foundation?
- Gutters and downspouts need to be properly sized for your home, taking into account the amount of water a section of your roof funnels into the gutter, and the width of the gutter that a particular roof system might need.
- How important is the durability and longevity of the gutters?
- Will you want your gutters to match a trim color other than white?
Quality Gutters and Downspouts
Gutters and downspouts are an vital part of your home’s exterior. If not installed correctly, or if they use cheaper materials, you might find that water leaks damaged your exterior to the point of allowing water inside your walls. This can lead to expensive repairs, including replacing siding, insulation, and even dealing with mold mitigation. Use only the best gutters that are properly sized for your house, and choose a trusted and experienced local contractor.
Seamless Gutter Fabrication & Installation
The best gutter companies in Colorado Springs will have the materials, tools, and expertise to fabricate and install seamless gutters on-site. Be sure to evaluate your contractor’s ability to work with the unique characteristics of your house, your property, and the natural flow of water around your foundation. You should also look at photos of their work that don’t just show pretty houses. Look at the detailed work, including corners, downspouts, and long gutter runs.
Important questions to ask your gutter contractor
As with any home trade, you should ask these questions before making any decisions:
- Do you have local references?
- Do you guarantee your work?
- What is the warranty on the gutter materials?
- Are you licensed and insured (and ask to see copies for your records)?
- Will you provide a written estimate with detailed scope of work?
- When could you start?
- How long with the job take?
- Do you recommend gutter covers?
- Who will supervise my project?
- What are the payment terms (stay away from contractors that require full payment up front)?
- Will you help me file a claim with my insurance company?
Other things to consider when choosing the best contractor for gutters – Colorado Springs CO
- Do they have a local office?
- Have you researched their Google Reviews?
- How long have they been in business?
These tips should help you select a qualified local gutter company in Colorado Springs. Vector Roofing serves businesses and homeowners throughout the front range and Southern Colorado. We would be happy to evaluate your situation and give you an honest assessment and estimate to complete your project to your satisfaction. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment.